Thursday, July 2, 2015

CCD Narrow Band Practice Processing Session

With impending bad weather and rainy season starting, I missed doing DSO imaging very much and so I try to hone my image processing skills by constantly trying to play around with different techniques using old and public data pool images. For this session, I try to play around processing narrow band images of IC410 Tadpole Nebula taken by Irving TCPIP and M8 Lagoon Nebula taken by Aresteo of Astrobin who graciously provided their narrow band image data for others like me to practice. These images are not my property and I just use them for my image processing practice and here are the 2 images that I will share with their data. Not the best processing IMHO but at least I have something to start out with :) I do hope someday I will get a chance to acquire OIII and SII filters so that I can get the data from my own acquisition :)

No comments: