Saturday, May 16, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - May 16, 2015

I'm so dead tired from last night's car breakdown on the road that I still have bad mood till this morning. Nevertheless,I still use the few remaining minutes of my solar observing window to lessen my stress. The Huge Hedgerow FilaProm from yesterday had ejected out of the solar limb! Unfortunately, because of my handicap obstruction now, I was only able to image after the ejection mass has already launched out of the limb by more than 3x its original height from yesterday session. Also had a hard time getting good quality image because of the limited time but I'm still happy with the results as I was expecting that I already couldn't image today from roof obstruction. Aside from the ejection mass of the NE huge hedgerow, there is also another huge fainter eruptive prominence that was visible in the NW limb. From today's session, I can see that I only have less than 8 minutes of observing window and this will further be cut to nil in a day or two thus ending my solar imaging season till August 15 except on weekends. :( Sigh!

No comments: