Friday, October 24, 2014

Solar Imaging Session - October 25, 2014

The sky this morning is partly cloudy but I was able to image the Sun both in white light and Ha wavelength. Seeing condition is good but I have to contend myself to wait patiently and image through cloud openings. AR2192 Sunspot Group is still huge in size and I almost fill the full image frame of my close up shot of AR2192 Sunspot Group in white light. I was also able to snap a few full disk white light image of the Sun as well. In Ha wavelength, AR2192 Sunspot Group still shows lots of solar activity inside its core. The huge , long dark filament continue to stretch in length as it cross the central meridian of the Sun. Lots of other small sunspot group are emerging from the eastern limb but has minimal solar activity for now. Small to moderate prominences can also be seen around the solar limb.

No comments: