Thursday, October 2, 2014

Solar Imaging Session - October 2, 2014

Darn! My morning solar imaging session comes to an end with the Sun already obstructed by the damn tall building in my eastern horizon! That means I can only do solar imaging now on on weekends :( Nevertheless, I was able to setup after lunch at our laundry area with the Sun already past meridian and setting into the back of our house! I will probably have to wait for another 2 months for the Sun to exit the other side of the darn building before I can image again in the early morning :( I quickly setup to try to capture as much solar images that I can. In the end , I manage to only do some Ha wavelength imaging through the Coronado PST-Ha only. Seeing condition is rather poor today but I try to salvage from my solar set. AR12179 and 12178 Sunspot Groups are worth monitoring in the days to come. Also lots of huge dark filaments are visible from the eastern and western quadrants. As for today's prominences, most are small to moderate size only. Because of crunch time in order to squeeze as much images before I get obstructed, I wasn't able to do drift the images more thus Newton rings are again visible. Anyway, I'm just waiting for my T2 tilt adapter to arrive in 2 weeks so that I can forget Newton rings and concentrate on imaging the Sun in Ha wavelength.

No comments: